A senior IT professional with over 17 years of experience, working in all areas of the IT industry; has a flair to assess corporate and customer requirements. With a broad knowledge and understanding of IT systems, services and technologies, whilst working through operational and user challenges, in order to provide IT architectural designs to solutions that offer the best value and user outcome. Has a strong record of success in creating robust IT solutions and proven ability to bring the benefits of IT to solve business needs while managing costs and risks. Managing projects that require intelligent procurement, corporate restructuring, compliance, budgeting, business continuity and disaster recovery, growth forecasting, financial accountability through to board approvals, whilst delivering end solutions to meet or exceed business/client requirements.
- Ability to bring together the key stakeholders within an organisation to identify business needs and requirements, whilst ensuring full engagement of senior management, in order to ensure the delivery of services and solutions are suited to the business needs, requirements and expectations.
- Project management of large scale IT solutions including the identification and setting of milestones, defining KPI’s to ensure projects are delivered on time and within budget.
- Working with development teams using Prince2 Agile methodologies including being part of scrum sprint sessions, to identify and address any blocking issues, in order to help deliver the project.
- Ability to present technical solutions to non-technical senior management for approval.
- Designed, built and managed a multi-tiered highly available hosting platform for 192.com Ltd, an SEO driven site that has a daily visit count (bots and humans) in excess of 14M, the site also has around 12M human visitors to its site per month, the hosting environment has in excess of 200+ servers, systems and devices in order to service its users.
- Designing, building and managing highly available PCI/DSS/ISO complaint hosting environments/platforms/infrastructures of large corporates, such as Directgov (UK Government mobile portal), GetSet 2012 (London 2012 Olympics Educational platform), HSBC (Banking), Optimum Nutrition (Health), RIGB (3rd sector), Charity Commission (3rd sector), and other complex hosting platforms.
- Experienced in taking a company through ISO27001 security accreditation including writing business process documentation, staff training, performing security audits and reporting on remedial work (where necessary), as well as change management.
- Experienced in the building of cloud solutions using both internal (Citrix XenServer, VMWare ESX/ESXi/vCloud, KVM) and external hosting environments (Amazon AWS, Rackspace Cloud, IOMart Cloud and iCloud Hosting) for high profile, highly transactional sites, making use of services such as Global Load Balancing and CDN technologies across multiple regions/continents, including the use of Software Defined Networks for security within the cloud infrastructure.
- Ability to engage with 3rd party suppliers, outsourcers, and resellers in order to design and build the best solution.
- Experienced in multi-site management of teams ranging from 4 – 30 members across multiple locations/regions with differing skillsets and specialities providing services based on ITIL methodology.
- Experienced in designing and building highly available LAN, WAN and SDN solutions with secured access to services and systems both physically as well as in virtualised/cloud environments.
QUALIFICATION / EDUCATION
May 2013 CCNA: Cisco Certified Network Associate Course (course attended but yet to take exam)
Oct 2012 VCP5: VMWare Certified Professional Course (course attend but yet to take exam)
2005 – 2006 Post Graduate Certificates in IT (PGC-IT), University of Liverpool Online Higher Education
May 2006 Cisco CCNA Week 2 Training Course: (ICND)
Apr 2006 Cisco CCNA Week 1 Training Course: (CCINTRO)
2002 WatchGuard Certified System Professional, WatchGuard Technologies, USA
2000 – 2002 Microsoft Certified Professional + Internet, Wave Technology, London EC1
70-210 Windows 2000 Professional, 70-215 Windows 2000 Server,
70-216 Windows 2000 Network Infrastructure Implementation
70-073 Windows NT4 Workstation, 70-067 Windows NT4 Server
1996 – 1998 2nd Year B.Sc. Computing & Business IT (study placed on hold), Guildhall University, London E1
1993 – 1995 2 A-Levels & 2 AS-Levels, Tower Hamlets College, London E14
1988 – 1993 7 GCSE at grade A-C including English, Maths and Science, Sir John Cass School, London E1
Jun 2007 Mirapoint Certified Engineer Course
Mar 2006 ITIL Service Delivery Workshop
Mar 2006 “Hacker in a box” training session to secure the internal IT network
Feb 2006 SSL VPN using Juniper Networks and Protecting Identity Data using Aladdin eToken
Feb 2006 ITIL Foundation workshop
FULL CLEAN DRIVING LICENCE SINCE: 10th November 1994
INTERESTS In my spare time, I am involved with a couple of local charities and volunteer to consult on all matters technical including my recent work in designing and building the network infrastructure for a 6 storey building of a local charity that provides lots of different services to the community. The recent projects that I am responsible for include:
- Design and implement Wi-Fi network solution separating services for staff, visitors/guests and other distinct projects
- Implement new Cisco LAN that also caters for VOIP telephony using Avaya IP Office 500 handling over 100 users
- Design and implement a virtualisation solution using VMWare 5 ESXi
- Design and implement a DR and BC strategy that is simple for non-technical staff but can quickly recover services and systems in an event of a disaster.
- Migrate from Exchange 2003 (AD 2003) to Exchange 2013 (AD 2013)
However, aside from my charity work; my favourite past-time is to spend time with my wife and kids, my daughter (born 11/06) and two sons (born 11/10 and 02/13). I am a keen gardener and have enjoyed a lot of my own home-grown fruits and vegetables. I like travelling and try to visit a new place every year, during one of my visits to Bangladesh (Jan’12); I got more involved with my charity work through a charity that my father started at my village, I am committed to supporting my father in providing free housing, education and food for the orphans and poor in the neighbourhood.